Sad Day In Perryville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day In Perryville

Looks to be directly across from the Jean Roberts boat launch. Godspeed to all affected by this tragedy...

PERRYVILLE, MD — Investigators are working to determine what caused a condo fire in Perryville early Sunday morning. Four people were hospitalized as a result of the blaze, including a 93-year-old woman who was airlifted for treatment, according to the Office of the State Fire Marshal. The Susquehanna Hose Company sent crews to the scene; among them was its fire boat, which fought the inferno from the water.

The fire broke out at 2:54 a.m., and more than 100 firefighters responded to the unit block of Owens Landing Court to battle the three-alarm blaze Easter morning, officials said.

Crews from Perry Point rescued a 93-year-old woman from a third-floor condo, and she was flown by Maryland State Police helicopter to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, according to the fire marshal.

Three other people were taken from the 18-unit condo complex to local hospitals for treatment of injuries that were described as minor and were not believed to be life-threatening.

The building is considered a complete loss, with early estimates indicating damage is about $2 million. Officials said there was extensive heat damage on both sides of the building, which is one of seven buildings in the Owens Landing complex.

All the buildings have fire alarms and sprinklers, with smoke alarms in each residence, according to the fire marshal.

A total of 24 people have been displaced and were being assisted by the Red Cross, friends and family, authorities reported.

Firefighters spent almost four hours bringing the fire under control, officials reported.

How and where the fire began remain under investigation.

Photos and video courtesy of the Susquehanna Hose Company.

https://patch.com/maryland/havredegr...t=havredegrace
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Yeah, I saw the tail end of it early yesterday morning when I was driving by Jean Roberts Park. My heart and prayers go out to those affected by this horrible tragedy.

Comment

Working...
    X