Gilbert Run 4/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilbert Run 4/2

Took the day off to see if I could find a few trout for lunch. The wind wasn't cooperating. I waited a few minutes past 0800 for the precipitation to die off...all total, I was on the water for about an hour...caught two small LM, which is the first of the year for me. Wind was pushing the kayak at a steady .5 to .6 mph, side ways. Hands went numb pretty quickly...I think I hooked one small trout from the way it felt, but sadly, I didn't get to see it. Still a good start. Caught a few shad this weekend with the family on Saturday and Sunday....so 3 days in a row makes for a great start for the season. IMG_20180402_084134014_HDR.jpg
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Does that lake require any additional permits / documentation etc (above and beyond a fishing license?) looks like Charles County MD?
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
      Does that lake require any additional permits / documentation etc (above and beyond a fishing license?) looks like Charles County MD?
      Nope, Wheatley Lake is near me and I usually fish it a few times in the spring for trout- it has a lot of crappie and bluegill...the bass are catch and release...when Gilbert Run Park is open and the toll collection booth manned they charge an entrance fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Catch and release bass? Can't say that I've ever caught one that reached keeper size anyway...but they tend to make up for that with numbers...I always take light tackle and have a blast...I went a little early this year, hence the cold hands. Beautiful quiet place...electric only, if powered at all. Eagles, ducks, geese, Cormorants, ospreys and fish....
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
        X