Potomac Night Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac Night Fishing

I was considering doing some night fishing this weekend but I don't know if there are any launches that allow launching/parking after sunset. Does anyone know if these exist. I've checked dnr's website but everything is listed as open 'sunrise to sunset'.

Any help is appreciated.
    "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 12

Does Slavins have a time restriction? I've never checked but I'd imagine you could unload the yak, then go park along a street in those neighborhoods and not have to worry about being towed.
    Matt
    Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
    2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
    10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, but according to DNR, its sunrise to sunset. Not sure how aggressively its enforced as I imagine there are plenty of people already there before dawn trying to get an early start.
      "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
      Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by nhunter344 View Post
        I was thinking the same thing, but according to DNR, its sunrise to sunset. Not sure how aggressively its enforced as I imagine there are plenty of people already there before dawn trying to get an early start.
        Yeah that's a good question. I've been there an hour and a half before dawn, but I wonder if I would have been penalized if DNR had been there. Probably one of those things where if they're around they might enforce it. Maybe it's worth giving them a call to see if there are locations they might be lenient with, especially if you let them know beforehand. Not sure if that works that way but maybe...
        Matt
        Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
        2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
        10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Last time I was there about a month ago, DNR was in their F350 at the launch waiting for me to pull-out. I took my time, and as soon as my yak hit the concrete, a male & female DNR approached and performed a "full inspection" - wholly within their jurisdiction, and I had nothing to hide and all my paperwork was in order. The gentleman noted that my license was expiring soon, and I sarcastically said "its still good today, correct?" who which he laughed and said have a good night.

They do patrol Slavins on a regular basis. I'm also not sure of the hours, but dawn/dusk is a safe assumption.

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by nhunter344 View Post
            I was considering doing some night fishing this weekend but I don't know if there are any launches that allow launching/parking after sunset. Does anyone know if these exist. I've checked dnr's website but everything is listed as open 'sunrise to sunset'.

Any help is appreciated.
            Unfortunately I work Friday's and Saturday's until 10pm, but if you are going Sunday, I'd love to join you.
            2015 Hobie PA14
            2000 Hobie Mirage Classic with rod holders
            2006 Triton T/S 17

Comment

Working...
            X