Kayak Fishing Checklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Fishing Checklist

Does anyone else have a checklist they use before loading up and heading out for the water? I found one on the ACK website.
    www.austinkayak.com
    I tried to attach it but it is too big for this site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I used to have a big list...nowadays, I am pretty minimumalistic...PFD, paddle, fishing rods and two 3600 waterproof tackle boxes that has all the lures I normally use and that are inside my rectangular hatch...my boat is outfitted with Hummingbird 798 ci HDI SI and a rear hatch 12v 9ahr. Battery in the Hobie battery holder...and I made my PVC rod holder that sits in the two behind the seat factory rod holders- my homemade one has positions for six rods although I never carry more than four rigged rods...I always carry a 32 oz bottle of drinking water/Propel and a few snacks as I am a type II diabetic and make sure not to get in trouble... the SMOG crew carries VHF radios
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

These are screenshots of my two Word Document checklists:

Capture.Hobie Checklist.jpg Capture.Native.jpg

I use one for my Natives and one for my Hobie. They are hanging on my kayak rack in my garage for quick reference. They have indeed spared me from driving away without a key item in my van.

They used to be dissimilar but in time they have become more alike as I refine what I carry to the minimum in my pedal and two paddle boats.

Also, I don't take everything on each trip. It depends on what kind of trip I am planning -- trolling, casting, fly fishing.

I updated them last month.

If anyone wants copies please PM me with your email and I will email them to you as a Word or PDF document.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I use the Wunderlist app to make lists for gear since I'm USUALLY travelling a good distance. Usually my fish stuff is pretty simple but I use other lists for camping gear, etc. I can share them w/ an email address, they way the lists nest together it's a little difficult to screen shot them efficiently. Bug me if you want them, it won't let me just share a public URL.
        2016 NuCanoe Pursuit 13.5
        2015 F&S Shadowcaster 12
        2008 Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT 12
        2011 Native Ultimate 14.5

Comment

Working...
        X