Windy day but good fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy day but good fishing

Moc and I hit Mattawoman Creek today...wind gusts to 33 mph made for a “hang on to your hat” day but we had good success...I’ll let Moc post pictures of his outstanding catches and tell his experience...had a really nice largemouth first thing this morning- nice 22 inch fish on a shallow running crankbait (with single barbless replacement hooks)...my biggest blue catfish was a 33 inch fish...Moc had a thirty inch fish as well

IMG_3739.JPGIMG_3742.JPG
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 04-14-2018, 06:27 PM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Going to start calling you “Slime Time”. Understand the glitter boats were thick, so catching that bass probably drew them in quick.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Moc and I were not alone...the $40-60K glitterboats were out and about...and that was NOT the only bass I caught yesterday- we had a good day fishing with multiple releases...was disappointed about the lack of action on minnows, but trying to fish a slipcork rig in tide current and 30 mph gusting winds was pretty difficult...when the winds gusted really high my anchor flukes would pull a pile of mud and move me four or five feet before sticking again...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

You and Moc did real good, glad I did not show up with my stink (Pepe Le Pew) from the day before.

Keith-Yakmac scored a real nice Blue Cat, but skunk for me

Yak67

2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
        2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Working...
        X