Bloody Point Access/Launch + Fishing 4.13.18 Harbor Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Point Access/Launch + Fishing 4.13.18 Harbor Hospital

Snaggedliners I hope spring is treating you well! I wanted to pass on a little info on a launch site called Kent Point Marina. They are at the southern most tip of Kent Island and offer great access to Bloody Point and the various underwater structures in that area. There is a bait shop at the marina where you need to sign a waiver and pay 10 bucks for a day of access.

Fished Friday the 13th at Harbor Hospital. Mainly 6 to 9 feet of water. Water temps were in the low to mid 50's. Biggest was 26". I bought a cheap go pro knockoff mainly for still photos of the big fish which I pull from video. Anyhow my brother asked me to make a quick highlight reel of the evening and this the quickest no frills edit ever. Don't judge, I'll work on my editing skills...at some point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn_xi6KV1AM&t
    XXXMedium

Hobie PA12
    Native Ultimate 14.5 Tandem (Snakehead Rig)

Nice catches, I'm glad somebody is catching. I fished Susquehanna twice last week and other than snagging 2 big carp I stuck out

Comment

Mike I was up there a few weeks back and the carp were everywhere. really nice sized fish! I might make a run at them with some lighter tackle after the stripers leave for some fun big pull action.
      XXXMedium

Hobie PA12

Comment

Bloody Point will probably be a CF this weekend, as it's Opening Day, but nice to have this option, gets to open water much quicker than other launches.

Does the Marina charge a launch fee?
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

10 dollars. I fully expect everywhere in the bay to be a cluster this weekend and will have my head on a swivel for sure.

Good luck to those who will be on the bay this weekend!
          XXXMedium

Hobie PA12

Comment

What software did you use to edit your video, if any. Just got a cheap go-pro and am trying to figure out how to edit.
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I have a mac and used IMovie

That said I used nothing more than the cut and paste tools to shorten clips. You might want to make that question your own thread because there are some very talented editors lurking..
              XXXMedium

Hobie PA12

Comment

Thanks
                John Rentch
                Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Thank you for your information and video.
                  Do you think Bloody Point is good to a beginner like me? I searched this forum, but couldn't get more details about Bloody Point.

Comment

100% BUT you will always want to make sure you are out there in the right wind conditions for a kayak...as it has two bays on either side so wind/waves/current can get very serious in short order.

Since you are a beginner I would suggest you get an inexpensive navigation app with GPS for your phone. This will give you the ability to see underwater topography and identify high probability locations for fishing your target species anywhere. Bloody point specifically has some really deep water close by as well as flats. To me this is a great place to target trophies. I used an app like this for years without a depth finder.
                    XXXMedium

Hobie PA12

Comment

Do you prefer the drop across from Chews Crk or the drop past the old Light House? I didnt realize past the lighthouse gets down to the 150' marker

Comment

don't know yet...first year with a drysuit and a kayak I would venture into that sort of water. I tried Dec 2017 to hit the deep water in eastern bay but had to launch from Romancoke. I specifically remember an 80 foot hole with a sharp incline to flats associated with the point. To me that would be such a great spot for big fish...not yet proven of course...

Wanna try with me sometime?
                        XXXMedium

Hobie PA12

Comment

It's on my bucket list. Need to get in-shape, and dry-suit is still on my Christmas list...

Comment

This is April and talking about dry suits should be a thing of the past.

Come on Spring! (pretty please)
                            John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                            MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                            Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Glad to see the Marina finally put in a launch...2 years ago, the day before the Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers tournament, I visited the marina to see if I could get permission to launch my Outback...it was a seafood eatery...and they said no...I suggested a beach launch facility could easily be built for next to no investment, but they were not interested then...
                              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                              X