Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First trip in couple years, anyone fishing Eastern Shore Md/Va yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First trip in couple years, anyone fishing Eastern Shore Md/Va yet?

Been Kayak fishing since 2004, everywhere from lower E.S. Md to Okracoke N.C. and the Florida Keys. Few years ago decided to return to the Federal workforce in a civilian capacity, thus I'll finish my days working on Capitol Hill. On the positive side, I still have a home on the Lower Shore and a lot more time off. Recently picked up an obscenely large Hobie Pro Angler 14 and plan on getting back in the game this weekend. First Yak I owned was the first year Hank Parker Outback, liked a lot but wanted to go faster/further and bought an Adventure a few years later upgraded a few times but stayed with the speed of an Adventure over the stability of an Outback. I'm going to give the PA14 and few weeks see if it fits me, it has mad electronics, hobie livewell, looks to be a great casting platform, and at the price I paid, it was a no brainer. I enjoy doing some paddling though and this tank is not going far under paddle power. Anyways, if anyone has a general report within 30 miles of Crisfield let me know, and either way I'll post up a few this weekend.
    Carl IMAG0171 (1).jpg

Originally posted by hale3333 View Post
    Been Kayak fishing since 2004, everywhere from lower E.S. Md to Okracoke N.C. and the Florida Keys. Few years ago decided to return to the Federal workforce in a civilian capacity, thus I'll finish my days working on Capitol Hill. On the positive side, I still have a home on the Lower Shore and a lot more time off. Recently picked up an obscenely large Hobie Pro Angler 14 and plan on getting back in the game this weekend. First Yak I owned was the first year Hank Parker Outback, liked a lot but wanted to go faster/further and bought an Adventure a few years later upgraded a few times but stayed with the speed of an Adventure over the stability of an Outback. I'm going to give the PA14 and few weeks see if it fits me, it has mad electronics, hobie livewell, looks to be a great casting platform, and at the price I paid, it was a no brainer. I enjoy doing some paddling though and this tank is not going far under paddle power. Anyways, if anyone has a general report within 30 miles of Crisfield let me know, and either way I'll post up a few this weekend.
    Carl [ATTACH=CONFIG]23258[/ATTACH]

Carl,
    I'm not fishing that territory, but I'll be looking forward to hearing about your reports and adventures.

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Last edited by manlystanley; 04-26-2018, 11:55 AM. Reason: Cann't spell worh squat....
    Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Welcome to the PA14 club. I'll say it, the boat is a tank and not an agile figure skater akin to your AdventureIsland. I love mine, and the stability tradeoff vs topspeed suits me well!

Looking forward to your fishing reports!
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Been extremely slow over there so far, much like the rest of the bay. But it seems it heating up by the day as Walleye Pete posts reports and I've heard some other reports from some friends.
        Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
        CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Originally posted by thehobielife View Post
          Been extremely slow over there so far, much like the rest of the bay. But it seems it heating up by the day as Walleye Pete posts reports and I've heard some other reports from some friends.
          Didn't even remove kayaks from truck. Wind was horrible, water was turned up. Wednesday looks like my next opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by hale3333 View Post
            Didn't even remove kayaks from truck. Wind was horrible, water was turned up. Wednesday looks like my next opportunity
            Bummer. But, I'll be looking forward to the next report.

Best Regards,
            Stan
            Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Working...
            X