Night Fishing for Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Fishing for Rocks

Spent all that money rigging my yak with lights and still haven't been out fishing. I don't normally get home to Edgewater (Beverly-Triton) until 7pm. I want to hit the South River, West River, or Rhode River areas for some catch and release action at night. Does anyone have any suggestions? Bait, technique, locations are all appreciated. Thanks!
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Check the DNR poaching arrests. The guys caught keeping rocks at those locations never seem to have a shortage of luck.
    "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

I fish frequently at night for stripers on the Potomac. Technique at least for me is somewhat the same as daytime. Scented swimming shad, rattle traps etc.
      Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
      Predator 13

Comment

Originally posted by nhunter344 View Post
        Check the DNR poaching arrests. The guys caught keeping rocks at those locations never seem to have a shortage of luck.
        LOL! Just to be clear, I have no plans whatsoever to keep any of my catches. I will launch just before sunset today and stay out until 11pm. The Rhode River seems a lot safer to me at night alone than tackling the bay at night for the first time. I'll be posting my launch plan here on snaggedline. Thanks for the warning. I'll probably sit under cut bait and throw out a Whopper Plopper on the side.
        Gregory
        ​Ain't Misbehavin'
        2014 Pro Angler 12
        '

Comment

Launch Plan

Headed out at 8pm from Carr's Wharf into the Rhode River. I plan to fish at the mouth of the river and work my way back in. I should be off the water by 11pm. Looking for a Catch and Release PB. Wish me luck!
          Gregory
          ​Ain't Misbehavin'
          2014 Pro Angler 12
          '

Comment

Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
            Headed out at 8pm from Carr's Wharf into the Rhode River. I plan to fish at the mouth of the river and work my way back in. I should be off the water by 11pm. Looking for a Catch and Release PB. Wish me luck!
            Good luck! I was out on the Rhode today and caught nothing, but I was out with a non-fishing friend and I was not really trying hard.
            Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
            Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
              Good luck! I was out on the Rhode today and caught nothing, but I was out with a non-fishing friend and I was not really trying hard.
              Safe at home with only a few schoolies, but no big hookups! Goodnight Ladies!
              Gregory
              ​Ain't Misbehavin'
              2014 Pro Angler 12
              '

Comment

Working...
              X