Sunday Morning on the Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Morning on the Severn

Got out this morning abt 8 for a few hours trolling near the mouth of the Severn. Had a flood tide finishing up, low SE winds and no boat traffic. Trolled three rods with a 1/2 white buck tail, 4” crankbait, and a 4” swimming shad. Heading south no activity, few marks on the screen. Turned around near the end of Greenbury Pt. and ran into a school of 14-18” fish. Landed 5 in a 45 minute period. They weren’t big, but it felt good getting into some fish again with missing two months for a new knee. Most of the catches were on a crank bait.

img_0469.jpg
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Originally posted by J. Rentch View Post
    Got out this morning abt 8 for a few hours trolling near the mouth of the Severn. Had a flood tide finishing up, low SE winds and no boat traffic. Trolled three rods with a 1/2 white buck tail, 4” crankbait, and a 4” swimming shad. Heading south no activity, few marks on the screen. Turned around near the end of Greenbury Pt. and ran into a school of 14-18” fish. Landed 5 in a 45 minute period. They weren’t big, but it felt good getting into some fish again with missing two months for a new knee. Most of the catches were on a crank bait.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23304[/ATTACH]
    Nice to hear. The Severn with no traffic? That’s amazing in itself. I may try my luck near the mouth of the South around sunset this week. Looks like the weather will be fine for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Comment

Working...
    X