Eastern Shore SH 5/13 Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Shore SH 5/13 Trip

Headed to Eastern Shore in search of the ever elusive SH, one of my personal favorite fish to target. I don't typically target SH heavily until June/July but since Striper Season regulations don't lower minumum size until next week (keeper season) this was the perfect opportunity to revisit one of my favorite destinations to fish, calm flat (when protected from the wind) shallow coves, have to be extra careful with the pedal drive system, as there are numerous stumps/brush/logs unmarked just below the water surface. Traveled far and wide to my favorite honey-hole that always produces quality fish, of which I've previously landed my PB 31.5" in 2016. Got settled in around mid-day and tried everything that friends had found successful over the past 2 weeks, topwater, jump frog, chatterbait, but no takers. Luckily, I had stocked up on bull-minnows during my travel, which was the key to success. First landed was this monster 26", second landed was the lower picture, 22.5" on the hawg trough...

Beautiful (altho a bit chilly 63* Air Temp) overcast Sunday - Shallow water temp was between 75.5-76.5*, depths between 6ft max & 1ft min.

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Glad you found a couple. Snakehead sandwich coming up.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Outstanding, Michael.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice fish! I think I might have seen you drive by the launch I used around 8am. With your Hobie on a trailer? I was going to make a post about going to the Eastern Shore on Sunday for snakehead, but I'm just going to piggyback on yours, especially since interestingly enough we had different experiences with what they were biting! I ended up with 3: a 17", a 21", and a 25", on a popping frog, a chatterbait, and a topwater spook. I didn't try live bait but it's odd that they weren't biting the artificials where you were. I ate them last night and man were they good. Next time we will have to meet up!Snakehead1.jpgSnakehead 2.jpgSnakehead 3.jpg
        Matt
        Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
        2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
        10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

They are a fun fish to catch guys. Nice going!

Comment

Originally posted by YakMan1731 View Post
            I was going to make a post about going to the Eastern Shore on Sunday for snakehead, but I'm just going to piggyback on yours, especially since interestingly enough we had different experiences with what they were biting!
            I didn't unload until about Noon, so that must have been someone else hunting for sneks!

PM me your contact into - I'm in for Sunday the 20th. Saturday the 19th we have infield tickets to the Preakness; Both days will play-by-ear regarding any pending weather systems.
            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
            X