Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the trees grow taller than the buildings....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the trees grow taller than the buildings....

Where the trees grow taller than the buildings....

I had a launch picked out in an area I had not been before.. two hours of driving.

I headed to lower Tilghman Island... for hopefully cleaner water and "open for fishing" territory, with a chance of bringing home dinner.

It seemed as though it took forever to get to a targeted depth of 20'-30' feet of water... finally the sonar creeped out of 5' to 8' and then steadily increased... and I made the 90degree turn to begin my trolling pattern.

I started seeing some fish underneath me... and got my first fish... it was quite the fighter and peeled off
    line a number of times, it seemed like it took forever to get the boat... with lots of life and still very strong.
    I use 15lb test mono-line... so I am a little reluctant to just haul the fish to the kayak.
    It was certainly a keeper so I put it on the stringer.
    All the while... a very large school was now swimming below... wow I thought, almost a repeat from two weeks ago.

I continued seeing patterns of smaller schools swim by and caught a number of 12" to 20+" fish...
    not really bothering to measure them.. another keeper was sure in that bunch.. just didn't bother.

And then I caught my second keeper... well I thought.. this is a short day... except for the driving part.
    I headed back to launch, considering exploring areas near the launch and going for perch... but if I left so I would get back before rush hour on the Beltway and the rest of the day to relax.

Coming back over the Bay Bridge the water was quite brown... it didn't look that brown when I was fishing... the winds had picked up and very bumpy.

So I finished up with a 27" fatty and the other 33".. a new PB....
    As you can see from the photo... I was quite pleased.

those are two healthy fish, and i can tell by your smile you are a very happy angler.
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
    X