Back to my Roots - Freshwater Lake 8/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to my Roots - Freshwater Lake 8/30

So after a less than exciting trip to the BB yesterday afternoon I decided to fish my neighborhood lake which i would say is close to 20-25 acres.

Also, my classes were cancelled at AACC so that helped as well. Fished from only about 6pm-8pm. I haven't fished it in a few years, just been busy, but it was were I learned to fish so I guess you could say I got back to the basics.

It has a lot of new fallen trees after the storm so I avoided those areas and concentrated on the undisturbed sections. Took me awhile to figure out what they were biting. I threw a few spinners, a topwater lure and a buzzbait.

Then I switched to a little crankbait. That's what they were hitting. I caught 2 and hooked 2-3 then lost them and missed 2-3 others. This was all in about a 40 minute span.

Largest was 18 inches and fat. Gonna have to frequent my lake a little more often if I can catch some good size bass.

*Fish is a little bloody in pic from hook removal, but was revived and released just fine.
    Attached Files

nice fatty! i still love fishing sweet water
    sigpic

Comment

That's a chubby bass. Great job.

Comment

Working...
      X