Clark’s Landing hot today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark’s Landing hot today

Wind forecast made the Potomac look iffy this morning so I reluctantly went to Clark’s on the Patuxent. I was very pleased to see little grass at the ramp or floating from what I could see. Last time it was a bear to deal with. I headed out to my usual spots and noticed some surface activity at a place I normally don’t fish. They wouldn’t take a top water but were all over the paddletail. I loved it because I could sit and cast to them. Got a 22, 20, and a couple pushing 19 along with a dozen smaller fish. Also hooked a bonus CNR that took forever to break off. After that spot cooled I found fish in locations they should have been at. Really good day and it should be good to fish for sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Nice looking fish. I'da thought with all the flooding going on in recent weeks the Patuxent estuary would have been very murky at best.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

I would say the water was it’s normal murkiness, the Patuxent only gets so clear most of the time. Height was just a touch high but really not all that noticeable.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Good to see some table-fare headed home with you. With the weather patterns, i'm still trying to find a decent weekend day with low winds to get out there and land a first keeper this year.
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Great to see a positive report! Thank you. I hope to provide another good report chronicling my trip to OBX for 6 days.

Comment

Working...
          X