Goodhands 06/24/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodhands 06/24/2018

I launched around 9am out of Goodhands and spent about 8hrs on the water between Macum Creek on the Chester down to Hood Point in Prospect Bay. I managed to get two barely legal keepers and a nice channel cat, but they were definitely earned. There were so many shorts that there were a couple of occasions where I stopped fishing just to give myself a break from reeling fish in. Unfortunately, I ran out of plastics with any size so I used 3in Zman MinnowZ (space guppy was the hot color). I never had to go far to get hits and a fair amount of time, I didn't even have time to close the bail. I tested some grassy shorelines and docks/piers here and there looking to see if the perch had moved in yet, but no luck. Didn't try soaking any baits or working any small lures for perch in the deeper areas.

There was a lot more bait in the area this week, but nothing sizable and it appears the CNR's have started to head south. At least that's where all the bow hunters were headed in search of them. The water was a lot cleaner than a week ago as well.

It was hot and humid and there was so much boat traffic I felt like I was on 50 headed east on Memorial Day weekend but I drive an hour and change to get there, so I'm not leaving until I catch something decent if I can help it.
    "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 12
Working...
X