Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome Back to Back days on both sides of the bay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Back to Back days on both sides of the bay!

My office decided to give us an extended holiday closing Thursday and Friday in addition to the 4th. Well I took advantage of it; chasing snakes on Thursday and perch, cats and stripers on Friday.

Thursday morning, I left the house well before the sun came up and headed for blackwater. I had my most productive snakehead fishing trip ever numbers and bites wise. I also just squeaked by my previous PB by 1/2" and caught my smallest ever at 14"! I had at least 4 fish rocket out of the water and throw the hook and a bunch of others that never came tight. I was getting so many bites that at a point I was almost not upset losing fish. I was just enjoying the acrobatics. When the day was done, I had brought 5 to the net. All bites on the day came on Texas rigged zman paddlerz in Redfish toad color with a 1/16 bullet weight.

Friday morning, I dropped my boys off at daycare and made the short drive to ft armistead. I decided to keep it simple fishing ultra light only with gulp minnows on road runner jighead's. Within 45 minutes I had already completed the patapsco slam; scoring a catfish and striper both over 20" and an 11" perch. The rest of the morning I hooked into several more cats one baby striper and many many perch. Another great trip!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

That's making the most of unexpected days off.

Nice report and nice catches.

Congratulations.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Impressive! Great pictures and report.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Good work Ryan. Those were both productive days.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nicely done!!! Wish my company was that generous. Question about Blackwater, where did you launch from?? I've never been and want to go, just looking for a good launch area.
          2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

The golden Hill road bridge launch is a good place to start.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nicely done, Ryan!

I missed you by a day. I met up with an old buddy Friday and we had a similar experience with the snakeheads. Lots of activity, bites, misses, and lost fish. We ended up finally putting 3 fish in the cooler each. A fun day that makes you want to go back for sure! I was doing best with soft plastic ribbitt frogs or horny toads. In fact, I never even got a bite on sub-surface lures.
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X