Thursday morning trip out of Homeport Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday morning trip out of Homeport Park

I launched out of Homeport Park at dawn this morning hoping for some top water action. Nothing was interested in my poppers even though there were breaking fish everywhere. I then started to throw spinners and shad darts at walls and reeds and picked up a half dozen WP with the biggest a heavy 11 incher.

The wind started to pick up around 0800 and I wished I had brought my sea anchor. I bailed about 0930 and headed out for a late breakfast.

I really like this launch but I can't imagine our geriatric crowd pulling a Hobie up that hill. I'm just starting to get back in shape after a couple of months of health issues and it was a pull for me even with the small yak. Granted, after I get my strength back it will be easier and the paddling and climb are great exercise.
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

I like that area as well especially towards the fall but that hill climb is something else.
    PigPen - Mt Airy
    Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Remember the rutted dirt path with exposed roots and overhanging branches to snag your gear? The hill, well there's not much the county could do about that. But at least the path is now paved, parking is nice and the launch is larger and has a soft landing.

John -- Congrats on your perseverance and the perch as you continue on the mend.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I love the Homeport launch, I just won't be bringing my big Trident there especially with the 55 pound MK battery.
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
        X