7/27 sneks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/27 sneks

Originally planned to launch from SPSP to fish the pilings, but woke up late so decided to head across the bridge to redeem myself for some snakehead action. When driving across the bridge, I did spot an olive Pro-Angler headed towards the pilings... I fellow angler gave me a tip for a launch point, which I visited about 3 weeks ago, using all lures got me the skunk. I stopped and anglers for a full pint of live minnow, expecting some success with the full arsenal of live & lures.

As this was the first weekend of nice weather in awhile, there were a lot of LMB guys with bass & jon boats I was lucky to get a parking spot. I lauched with another fellow who knows Doug / Adam / Joe of Rommell Outdoor (where I purchased my PA14) he had a fully rigged Old Town PDL, and his GF has a nice SUP. We chatted for a few minutes, and went our separate ways. I found a nice spot within the waterways, a bit protected from the winds but still wish I had a stake out pole or anchor. As the constant weird pattern this year, nothing would touch the live minnow, my success came from top-water. I was using the new LunkerHunt propfrog just release at iCast 2018, which is basically a hollow body frog with dual leg "whopperplopper" rotating webbed feet. 24" snek landed in the boat, fillet is in the fridge ready for the grille tonight.

Back at the launch, I arrived to the other gentleman and wife pulling out the PDL and SUP, we chatted again and I reminded him of SnaggedLine. He also gave me some good tips for Assateague i'll be visiting late August. As I was loading up, I heard a familiar voice, and spotted fellow SL'er 'whenican' and we chatted about how good the lunch at the June M&G at Courtneys restaurant, and I missed Coop's July M&G which it seems everyone caught at least a dozen stripers each. I think I also saw yakinzak (it was a black 1500 series truck with a tan hobie in the bed) but I didn't get to say hello.

It was a beautiful weekend, a nice departure from the ever-rainy perpetual Maryland weather forecast...

Happy snek hunting...
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

I love this Galazy S9+, Here is the photo of the Pro Angler below the BB Saturday afternoon... Not sure if you're on S|L...

20180728_125406.jpg

Comment

Nice report! I was wondering how you made out under the pilings Now I know! Lol

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
        Nice report! I was wondering how you made out under the pilings Now I know! Lol
        My hangover / alarm clock did not cooperate with me Saturday morning, I was hoping to be at Anglers at 5AM & launching by 530 at SPSP...

The guy from the launch was Adam Glasgow (and i'm assuming that was his wife Shannon), he did mention he knew about the Rommel Snek outing that's scheduled for later this month. Good Dude local to Salisbury.

Comment

Working...
        X