Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/4/11 stripers,blues,croaker,and spanish

hey everyone

today me and my dad first went out and bottom fished the mouth of the south around the crab pots for some spot.cot 1 fish.21 inch croaker anyway,then we trolling from thomas point to the west river in about 20 feet of water for spanish .we cot about 20 blues round 15 inches,2 spanish,and 2 stripers.stripers were 34 and 29.those 2 hit bigger tony spoons.i think size 18.anway stripers WILL hit a spoon going 6 mph.spanish were 21 and 25.they hit purple and green drones

Attached Files

2 citations (Croaker and Mack) in one day!! NICE

Nice Rockfish for this time of year too!!

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
      2 citations (Croaker and Mack) in one day!! NICE

Nice Rockfish for this time of year too!!
      we always catch 25inch plus spanish.didnt know they were citations.last year we cot 17 nbiggest at 29

Comment

Great catching. My biggest croaker ever was 21", and that is the only one I have caught above 16". That is pretty unusual for the bay. It sounds like you and your dad had a fun day.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Hey Andrew, nice croaker.

Comment

How do you keep the spoons deep while trolling? Did you use trolling sinkers or a diving planar?

Nice catch!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Nice going!!
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

we run 3 lines.one with a clark spoon and a planer.one with a drone spoon and a planer.and one with a tony 14 with a 4 ounce weight.that one catches the most blues

Comment

Another method I used to use trolling around the CBBT was a three way swivel a dropper of 2-3 feet with cannonball sinker and thirty feet of leader to the lure- usually a white or yellow bucktail with white or yellow Uncle Josh pork strip-
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

we something similar for that at that lower bridge for flounders.

Comment

Working...
                    X