Bush River at Willoughby Beach Rd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush River at Willoughby Beach Rd.

I know there are some Harford County guys on the board - have any of you ever fished the railroad bridge up that way? Looking to get out this weekend or next if anyone wants to check it out with me. It's the launch on the other side of the peninsula from Flying Point Park.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

I have fished there a couple times. Both the railroad bridge on the bush and the one on the gunpowder have stripers in the fall. On the bush trolling rattle traps along the pilings was a good strategy the last time I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by belairfishing View Post
      I know there are some Harford County guys on the board - have any of you ever fished the railroad bridge up that way? Looking to get out this weekend or next if anyone wants to check it out with me. It's the launch on the other side of the peninsula from Flying Point Park.
      I’m interested in checking this spot out. Where do you launch? When I look up that road. It’s on the same side as Flying Point. Are you talking about launching from Perryman road? My fishing is done until Sept though as we leave for vacation next Thurs and won’t be back until the end of the month. I’ll hit you up in early Sept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at it on Google earth. At the bend of Willoughby beach road, there is a ramp and a small parking lot. Its on the other side of the "point" where flying point park is. Closer to the railroad bridge.

I think the site is also listed on the DNR list for Harford County.
        Originally posted by Erupert66 View Post
        I’m interested in checking this spot out. Where do you launch? When I look up that road. It’s on the same side as Flying Point. Are you talking about launching from Perryman road? My fishing is done until Sept though as we leave for vacation next Thurs and won’t be back until the end of the month. I’ll hit you up in early Sept.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
        2015 Hobie Revolution 13
        2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
          I have fished there a couple times. Both the railroad bridge on the bush and the one on the gunpowder have stripers in the fall. On the bush trolling rattle traps along the pilings was a good strategy the last time I was there.
          The gunpowder bridge looks like a pretty long paddle from the park launch.

Question - is there any decent spots in reach if launching from over by Bar Harbor RV park? My kid lives in a shared house that has a dock next the park. Just don’t know if it’s worth putting in over there.

Comment

Originally posted by belairfishing View Post
            Look at it on Google earth. At the bend of Willoughby beach road, there is a ramp and a small parking lot. Its on the other side of the "point" where flying point park is. Closer to the railroad bridge.

I think the site is also listed on the DNR list for Harford County.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
            Ok, Google has a spot named “willoughby beach” right next to the bridge and looks like a launch point.

I’m down for that in Sept, especially if there is a shot at Stripers from that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Erupert66 View Post
              The gunpowder bridge looks like a pretty long paddle from the park launch.

Question - is there any decent spots in reach if launching from over by Bar Harbor RV park? My kid lives in a shared house that has a dock next the park. Just don’t know if it’s worth putting in over there.

There are decent Catfish Large mouth Bass and Perch in that area. Though it seems to be hit or miss on the fishing, also in the spring you will get some shad running in the creek. Target deeper water along the banks, or the find one of the sunken logs for bass, or soak bait for cats and perch.
              Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

You can launch right next to the bridge. Like Mike O said, it's a fall spot. It will still produce, but not like it had years ago. There are also lots of snags there, fyi.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                Alan

Comment

Working...
                X