Lower Slower Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Slower Report

Went out on the St. Mary's River yesterday and caught the falling tide. Bit of a breeze out of the the south/south east. Launched with my buddy and we trolled down river hitting grass banks and such. Our plan was to head to a productive spot and bottom fish for perch, but we tried casting as we headed to the spot. Turned out to be a good idea. He was casting a gold rattle trap and I had a paddle tail. We each landed a half dozen 12-16" rock and he landed a decent 19" rock. Bite turned off as tide fell. Only other thing of note was that something toothy stuck and chopped my paddle tail off towards sunset. Friends who went out today in the Bay landed some blues and Spanish mackerel, so who knows if things are turning around! Here's the one keeper.KIMG1157 (1).jpg
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Blues have been around the last several weeks and are quite annoying. On Friday they were biting off lots of paddle tails at The bridge to St George’s Island and in St George’s Creek. Unfortunately our more desirous friends, puppy drum and speck, are no shows so far.

Congrats on the keeper
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Caught some small specks a few nights ago near there. Hopefully some bigger ones aren't far behind.

Comment

Good to know.
        Mike

Comment

Caught this behemoth spec yesterday below Inigoes outside Harry James Creek.

spec.JPG
          Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
          Predator 13

Comment

There is hope!
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X