Patapsco Report: Signs of Life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco Report: Signs of Life!

It's been a while since I've posted a report, but here's a positive one from yesterday's outing:

I fished the Patapsco around stoney creek and around various channels, rocks, shorelines, etc. yesterday 8/27 from 630am to 10am. I caught 7 striper (2-13", 2-15", 2-17" and 1-23"), and 5 of them were caught by trolling my usual zman paddletail. 2 of them were caught casting a zman chatterbait with a paddletail trailer to some rock piles, and one of those fish was a very strong 23" keeper that caused a CC to immediately motor over to me to see if he could get in on the action. I left the spot not long after but I had already exceeded my expectations for the day, given the slow summer we've had up and down the east coast. Very happy to have a multi-fish day especially on a hot and humid morning like that one, which was also around a full moon. This coming weekend I pick up my Outback, and I'm very excited about that.

Nice report! I tell ya the ptap has been real hit or miss this year!

So are you getting the new 2019 OUTBACK from Hobie or Subaru?
    XXXMedium

Hobie PA12
    Native Ultimate 14.5 Tandem (Snakehead Rig)

Comment

Congrats on your future Outback and on your success yesterday.

It's good to hear the western shore tribs are finally yielding striper activity that we've been waiting for.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by XXXMedium View Post
        Nice report! I tell ya the ptap has been real hit or miss this year!

So are you getting the new 2019 OUTBACK from Hobie or Subaru?
        Neither actually, I ordered one of their 2018 demos a month or so ago and I'm picking it up Saturday. I'm going to ask if they'll have the 2019s in soon, and if I could put my deposit towards one of them, or at least demo one. But, I highly doubt they'll let me do that and I bet with all the demand, the new hobies won't even be in their shop until October.

Comment

Good to hear. I've been meaning to get out on Stoney Creek for a while now, but haven't been able to get the weather to cooperate. It should only get better in the coming weeks.
          Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Congrats on a successful outing with a nice keeper! Looking forward to hearing your reports from the outback.
            J

Comment

Pat we will have to get out and put your new outback to good use. I fished the Ptap twice in the last week out of Armisted park. Sunday morning a friend and I met fish guts there. Fish guts got the first fish of the day a 22" rock and my buddy later got a 17" but that was it for the stripers. We did get a lot of perch up to 10 inches and I think I got about 8 nice size channel cats. Yesterday I got there before sunrise to beat the heat. I figured I would hit the same spots and hopefully do better than Sunday. I also had a depth finder issue Sunday that I got straightened out adding to my optimism. I did find some pretty good marks in a couple areas but the fish wouldn't bite. I hooked 2 channel cats and lost 1 at the kayak, 6 small perch and 1 tiny striper, that was it . I don't often keep any fish but it has been a lean year for rock fish so I was going to keep some channels and perch yesterday. So much for my plans.

Comment

Nice!!
                Harlan

Revo 13
                Trident 13
                Cuda 14
                Necky Tandem

Comment

Working...
                X