No announcement yet.

Where are the fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weather and family has kept me shore bound for the past week. I saw a very small window of opportunity this morning and took it. With the projected east wind I hit Breton Bay. Wind was more out of NE which gave it some fetch, but manageable when I launched at 6:15. Noticed the water had some stain but overall not too bad. My foot thermometer told me the water was cooler than last week by a lot. Felt good.

I trolled some of the closer spots but just got bluefish bite offs for my trouble. Headed to my “golden” spot but only picked up one schoolie off it. Switched over to chartreuse Gulp to perch fish (I find a bigger bait and hook keeps me from dealing with too many 6” fish) and my first one of the day was a 10” fish.

Caught several more in the 9” class plus some 6” rocks cruising the grass edges. Conditions were real nice tucked in the cove, lulls you into complacency. When I turned I noticed a pretty black cloud headed my way and a freshening of the wind. Scooted back to the launch shore and got caught in a brief shower plus some hull slap water from the small whitecaps that built while I was sheltered. As I headed to the launch got a 16” striper on my perch rod, always fun.

I saw lots of bait and seagulls were much more prevalent than usual. Tells me breakers must be back in there somewhere. With the wind and rain forecast it will be a couple of days before I’ll get out again, just glad to sneak a few hours in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
    X