No announcement yet.

Huge Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice catch. It always amazes me the size of fish that can live and thrive in such relatively small bodies of water. Healthy ecosystem.

Originally posted by frettr00 View Post
    Wow...I thought only hybrids were in fresh water. That's not a hybrid...
    I don't think they're stocking hybrids so much anymore. The true stripers have been very successful in reservoirs like rocky gorge, and with them reproducing naturally, there is no real need for the sterile hybrids.

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
      Tom,
      There is a public landing. It is located at the corner of Rose Street and Lake Street on the western side of the pond. I live in the far north portion (i stand corrected from earlier. When I looked at google earth, it made it made sense) and do not normally get down that far, but it is a fairly easy paddle/peddle. There are two coves to your right hand side as you head north that have a lot of structure and consistently hold something fishy. Hope to see you out there. Troll a Mepp spinner on your way up....lots of white/yellow perch to be caught. I have an olive Outback with a Ravens sticker on the left bow and a Salt Life sticker on the other side.

Doug
      Is that the body of water just above the spillway by the Ramada Inn? I always thought that was part of the river. If that is it, that is a rather large area of water. Like you said, more like a lake.

Comment

Dogfish,
        It is connected through a small, shallow creek, which runs through a storm drain. It is certainly possible a small fish could make his way through the obstacles (from the wicomico river), but nothing of any size. If thats the case, its a good sign nonetheless that a striped bass could survive long enough to reach maturity.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
        X