Southern MD Info Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern MD Info Gathering

Hey all, I'm a Baltimore resident and fish the bay, its creeks and rivers frequently, but despite graduating from St. Mary's College of MD I have never kayak fished in the Southern MD area. I'm a teacher and have off Wednesday for Yom Kippur, and was thinking about making a trip down that way to possibly launch from the college or a nearby area.

I guess my question for those who fish there is twofold- 1) Given what the fishing is like there now, is it worth the 2-2.5 hour drive? And 2) If yes, where would you recommend launching from? There's supposed to be a decent North wind, so I'd likely have to be somewhat protected from that. Any info would be excellent, even if that info is not positive haha Thank you all! Always a pleasure talking fishing with the folks on here.
    Matt
    Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
    2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
    10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Our fishing down here has been like most places, hit or miss. We’ve been seeing some small speckled trout showing up but otherwise it’s schoolie rocks and perch with the occasional keeper. I’d say make the drive if you wanted specks but that wind on Wednesday will limit you to a couple of small areas. The grass beds in St George’s Creek (far shore from launch) launching from Piney Point would be kind of sheltered and has been holding specks. The college would also work but it’s mostly rockfish, but some nice ones in there.

If it was me I’d fish closer to home.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
    X