Chesapeake beach 9/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake beach 9/26

First time out since April. So crazy how the summer came and went. Added some new toys to the yak. New fishfinder and some rod holders that are set up for trolling. After rushing my preparations I got to the marina around 1230 to find a lot more wind than I was expecting. Floated the boat went to turn on the finder... nothing. Figures. Messed with it for a few unable to get it to turn on. Time to try out the holders. Ended up catching four rockfish to 17” on the troll in the marina. I faced up to the stiff wind and incoming current to head for the mouth of the inlet. Too much wind and waves to fish effectively. Ended up catching five more rockfish along the rock jetty on a 3” pearl gulp mullet. Could have caught more if I could keep the boat stable but the conditions were so poor. Saw birds gathering about a half mile outside the inlet. No chance on a day like today but a good sign. A boater ran out to chase them. Got off the water at 330. Hopefully I can make up for a lot of lost time this fall.

Shaun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I can relate to the dead FF, why I finally gave up on them. Well done on getting fish in tough conditions and after the long break.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Went back out today 7-11am Windy on the bay. Chased birds a mile or so from the inlet and caught a seagull. Disappointing to say the least after a long paddle into the NE wind. School sized fish only in the pod saw some other boaters catch. One boater even hooked a flounder in the pod while I was attempting to save the gull. Good news is the fishfinder worked. Saved from the skunk by white perch. Pretty day today but fortune was not on my side!

Comment

Working...
      X