A Quiet Day on the Shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Quiet Day on the Shore

Now that our wedding is in the rear view and sun finally cane out, my wife and I finally had some time to get out on the water. Unfortunately, 3 hours in Eastern Bay only produced a handful of shorts. Baitfish were everywhere, but there were no predators to be found. There was a large group of birds diving off in the distance, but that was short-lived. It was a gorgeous night, and with all the rain lately, I certainly can’t complain. Hopefully the bite improves this week.
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Sorry you did not have the successful catching you were looking for. I fished in Eastern Bay first thing Sat morning and had a good bite in the shallows where I tried from about 7:00 to 9:30. However, I was fishing from a boat, which allowed me to travel longer distances to visit areas that I suspected would hold fish. I caught stripers on topwater on the northern shoreline of Eastern Bay and more stripers and even a small speck on the southern shoreline.

2018-09-29 08-58-27.jpg

As I rode across the center of Eastern Bay, I found a large group of birds diving on bait. I caught a few stripers there, but they were small, so I kept moving. I have a sense that as the water temp is cooling off, fishing should pick up in Eastern Bay.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I’m glad you were able to find some, I was just happy to finally get out fishing again. I’m hoping that things will improve in a week or so when the temperature drops a few more degrees.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Working...
      X