Solomon's Island and Cedar Point Saturday 09/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solomon's Island and Cedar Point Saturday 09/29

Put in at ramp under the Rt 4 Bridge. Solomon's on Saturday. Paddled out to the remnants of Cedar Point Light. Heard there were consistent legal and decent sized bluefish out there. On the way stopped at the U research pier. Caught a keeper and few shorts. Jigged a channel marker on the way to the point and had another keeper. Trolled along the shoreline rocks of Pax Naval Air. Few shorts. Nothing on Cedar Point Light. Although there appeared to be plenty of fish offshore with the massive amount of working birds in that area. Water was slick calm. Within minutes and out of nowhere. Wind came up far more than predicted giving the bay far too much white water for the Predator 13 I was paddling. Those conditions exceeded the Predators intended use by far. Even more than some of the wild conditions I’ve put it through in the past. Had I been using my OC Ultra 4.7 I wouldn’t have thought twice about it. Anyhow worked my way back to the research pier and found 6 more keepers and bunch of shorts.

pax 1.JPGpax 2.JPGpax 3.jpg
    Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
    Predator 13

Nice report Tim. Don’t forget the Solomns ramp closes on the 15th.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
    X