Magothy River Tri-fecta Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magothy River Tri-fecta Today

Launched at 9 am to cloudy skies and flat water. Trolled a small Rattletrap and also a BKD and a paddletail on a jig head between Spriggs Pond and Ferry Point. Couldn't keep the perch off the Rattletrap! Small strippers hit the BKD. Then I reeled in a small speckled trout that hit the green paddle tail! Very surprised, but pleased, to have that fish in the area.
    Water temp was 74 degrees.
    IMG_4731.jpg
    IMG_4729.jpg

Nice work. The Magothy seems to hold fish now. My buddy fished from his boat this morning and got pickerel, yellow perch, white perch, small stripers, and a catfish.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Good deal. It's comforting to hear the good reports starting to come in. I hope this winter is mild and those Specs come back bigger and fatter next year.

Yak67
      2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo

Comment

Wow, everyone is getting specks this year.

Comment

Went back out Monday morning at 9 am to flat water but lots of fog. The high tide Sunday night put lots of debris in river so I pedaled into Spriggs Cove. Perch action was great-among the landed fish were an 11" white perch and a nice yellow perch.
          Al
          IMG_4741.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X