Slowly Getting Better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly Getting Better

My wife and I made it out to Eastern Bay today, and it’s seems like the fishing is slowly getting better. We only caught a handful of fish in 3 hours, but two were keeper-sized. We had to cover quite a bit of water to find anything willing to bite. It’s been a tough season so far, but I’m hopeful things are improving. All fish were caught on X-Raps and paddletails.

0647711D-4A8B-462A-892B-9389AEB072DF.jpg 58A336AA-E2FC-4AC0-A09B-EBCA5020D5EA.jpg
    Last edited by rugbyfish; 10-09-2018, 09:35 AM.
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Those are some nice looking fish... great you guys got to bring home some dinner !
    sure has been a funky season....
    Super happy you found some nice weather to get on the water.
    Those fishgrips (green) make mine look like tweezers... nothing wrong with "positive" thinking

Maybe I am confused.. last we talked that was your fiancée... if perhaps you have "Palomared the Knot" .... congratulations... you have a beautiful fishing buddy.

See you on the water some day...
    Cheers !
    Rob.

Comment

It is still hit or miss in Eastern Bay. On Mon, Mark and I had a good day fishing shallow structure and finding several groups of working birds. On Wed, I returned to the same areas with my brother. We struggled to find feeding fish in the shallows and saw no working birds. We heard from someone at the launch that the birds were active on the bay side of Poplar Island. They had done well including at least one fish over 30".
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
        if perhaps you have "Palomared the Knot" .... congratulations... you have a beautiful fishing buddy.

See you on the water some day...
        Cheers !
        Rob.
        Thanks Rob, we got married 4 weeks ago, and I'm certainly lucky to have a lifelong fishing buddy.

John, we went back out again Monday and had a tougher time finding anything. While the weather was beautiful, we only found a few decent sized fish in deeper water. It seems like even the locations that were packed with schoolies this time last year are largely empty. I'm eager to get back out this weekend to see if this temperature drop changed anything.
        Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Working...
        X