Ft Armistead Triple Double!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft Armistead Triple Double!!

Had a first yesterday. I launched out of Ft Armistead about 4pm and met my brother who was already out on the water. He was casting just south of the launch around the old pilings/dock that marks the underwater pipe. I pulled up to him, inquired about the action, he had not had a bite and wasn't there long. We collectively decided to troll to the Alcoa wrecks to see if we could luck out with some topwater action. So I threw out two rods with 4 to 6 foot diving shadow raps and started pedaling. Within a hundred yards of pedaling boom rod goes down. This put me pretty much right out in front of the fishing pier at Ft. Armistead. I landed the fish it was a keeper 21", threw the line back in and started pedaling. 50 yards boom rod goes down, it was a short. At this point my bother and I call off trolling to the Alcoa pier and start working long ovals in the hot spot. I landed 6 fish 20 to 17 inches. Then Boom/Boom both rods go down. Land both throw'em back. Brag to my brother. Chuck both lines back in and BOOM/boom. Second double in a row. Land'em, throw'em back, escalated the brag to full on shit talking to my brother and drop the lines in the water. BOOM/BOOM Triple Double. Interesting first on the kayak and I'm glad my brother was there to see it otherwise it would just be another fish story...

IMG_4933.jpg
    XXXMedium

Hobie PA12
    Native Ultimate 14.5 Tandem (Snakehead Rig)

That's a really good report, and I'm glad to read one of those for a change. I haven't been out nearly as often as I was last fall, at least locally, but most of the striper I've caught have been from the patapsco

Comment

I will say that they turned off like a light switch after the last double. We fished for about an hour and 20 minutes and only landed a fish or two until dark. Funny how that happens!!!
      XXXMedium

Hobie PA12
      Native Ultimate 14.5 Tandem (Snakehead Rig)

Comment

Nice, thanks for the report

Comment

Good report.

An excellent example of being in the right place at the right time.

Congratulations on your catches.

The longer I chase stripers, the more convinced I become that they catch us, not the reverse.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice report and thanks for the tips!
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

FullSizeRender (8).jpg Awesome job on your triple double. Got one on Tuesday and another this morning. The Severn is starting to turn on!

Comment

Originally posted by HobieWanKenobie View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]24306[/ATTACH] Awesome job on your triple double. Got one on Tuesday and another this morning. The Severn is starting to turn on!

Mike - Good to see you on the SnaggedLine web-boards
                Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
                X