Hazard Island / Tangier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazard Island / Tangier

Yesterday we headed out with Clubhorned and my son aka “ Little Red Beard “ from the Rumbley ramp. Water temps were cool with surface temps showing 59”. Water was very clear which was a surprise with the wind and storms over the past couple of days.

We started out at full tide picking up a few schoolies and as the tide headed out started noticing some breaking fish as wolf packs were coming out of the shallows with the tide. They were fat bellied and full of vigor. Hooked into a 18” striper on a 2ft flat and he thought he was 30” by the fight he was giving me. As i looked over my should send my catch on his way there was my young son sounding off Fish On! All in all I landed 25 striper with little Red Beard right behind me in count. We did manage to catch several keeper size fish but all were safely released with the largest being 20.5”.

Fat Boy from the Flats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good looking fish.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Really like the phrase “ Wolf Packs “!
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Nicely done. Have there been any specks still around?
        Brian

Comment

Thanks for the report Rudy. I was a little south yesterday in the skiff chasing birds. We only found a few fish, but two were keepers. No Wolfpack’s for sure. The birds would start to hit and then move on after about 20-30 seconds. Hopefully, we will get a few days like last year before it all comes to an end. I have had quite a few friends and family wanting to get after them, so I been in the boat instead of the kayak lately. However, after your report, I just might try and sneak in a yak day ��

Comment

Working...
          X