Veteran’s Day mini M&G- Slower Lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran’s Day mini M&G- Slower Lower

Yakmac, Yak67, Mojopod, Kevinfry, Bill and I all fished today...weather was a bit brisk at daylight but quickly warmed up a degree or two....water was 49 degrees....high tide was around 5 a.m....we launched at staggered times as late arrivals showed up...but the majority were at the ramp at daylight...we hit fish again, close to the ramp, but headed to our primary destination...it was really slow...all small 14-16 inch fish...scattered...I hit all my “spots” nada...two knockdowns, no hookups...radio chatter was slow, no one was catching much...Mojo headed a few miles offshore looking...I decided to checkout some sheltered water back inside the inlet..about a mile or so on the horizon I notice a few birds and headed in their general direction...started picking up a few fish trolling in 4-5 FOW...as I approached the birds both rods went down, but luckily only one hooked up...nice 19 inch football...over the next few minutes the trolling was hot..I kept reporting my fish on the radio...finally I reeled in both rods and just cast the paddletail...over the next forty five minutes, every cast was a fish...nice fat, healthy Stripers..mostly 18-21 inch fish...my biggest was a 21 1/2...counted 27 fish caught before giving up keeping count...Mojopod (Doug) came over and joined me and later so did Keith...another scrapbook morning in St. Mary’s County...had my legal limit by 8:30...a 20 1/2 and a 21 1/2...so it was strictly C&R after that...I’ll let my fellow Snaggedline buddies post their thoughts and pictures...great morning of fishing...great company...happy Veterans Day to all my fellow vets...
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 11-12-2018, 03:38 PM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Way to go Ron! To bad I had to working on Monday....
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Nice going Ron. I'm glad the stripers are biting well somewhere in our region.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Another great day with Ron, Mojo and Yak67. I ventured out of the cove heading for the spots I caught fish last time but they weren’t there this time. I kept hearing Ron saying “Fish on!” And finally figured out the fish were where I wasn’t. Headed his way and immediately started catching up to 18”. I still couldn’t find the bigger ones. As the gang started to leave one by one I trolled my spot near the launch and finally found my bigger “one more fish.” Another great day on the water with great company! Wasn’t in the picture taking mood today so no pics from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Great hanging with everyone and getting into fish. Here’s a couple of sunrise pics I caught. I hope we get one more day like this, gents!
          C11DBAE7-4B6C-4A39-AEF3-BA203F36FED3.jpg
          14552804-CB77-4760-91F7-809D99264AAE.jpg
          Doug

2017 Hobie Outback

Comment

Wow that sunrise is gorgeous. Anytime you fish with Ron, you have all the "luck" on your side!!!
            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
            X