Pocomoke River Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocomoke River Report

I had some free time to myself for part of this weekend so I took the kayak down the road a little bit and dropped in on the Pocomoke River to see how the panfish were doing. Despite commuting past the river daily, its actually been a couple years since I've taken the time to fish it. Which I regret because it's a beautiful river to fish. If you've never been there, its worth a trip someday not just for the fishing but also the scenery and nature that abounds there.

Anyway, on to the fishing report. I rigged one rod with a pair of 1/16 oz. jigs, a second with a single jig under a bobber, and a good supply of minnows to tip on each jig. Although, the minnow part wasn't totally necessary, I went with the sure thing for this time of year. Black crappie and yellow perch bit well when you found them. You'd find pockets of smaller fish but for the most part the crappie and perch were all around 10" - 12". I didn't keep track of how many I was catching, but there were plenty of keepers to go around. Plus 6 or 7 pickerel and a single bass.

DSCF1531.jpgDSCF1538.jpgDSCF1549.jpgIMG_0892.jpgDSCF1519.jpgDSCF1552.jpgDSCF1522.jpgDSCF1528.jpgDSCF1518.jpgDSCF1544.jpg
    Brian

Great day Brian! Thanks for sharing. It looks like your fish mojo did not cool off over the winter lol

Comment

Good report. The Pocomoke looks like a wonderful fishing river.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Can't wait to get out fishing again in the kayak. Yellow perch sure are pretty.

Comment

Awesome pickeral hunting! Good to see some action on the Pocomoke!
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Everytime I travel on the Eastern Shore, I admire the river systems around Pocomoke City and think that it must be a great fishery for small boaters and shore Anglers...protected waters, abundant fresh water, lots of diverse topography...seeing reports like this only confirm those thoughts...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
            X