A Tale of Two Rivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Tale of Two Rivers

Please bear with me, this is my first report posting.

I launched at the Jean S. Roberts Memorial on the Susquehanna today at a little after 11. Trolled up to the 95 bridge with no success, then decided to drift back while doing some jigging. Just before passing under the Hatem Bridge, I was hit like a train, and was thrilled to fight my first rockfish of the year. Unfortunately, when it broke the surface it was not a rock.

KIMG0065.jpg

It was, luckily, my PB largemouth so far for 2019. (Not saying much, this is only #3 for me.) The rest of the afternoon was quiet, and by about three I was tiring out my shoulders and decided to hit dry ground.

Headed from the Susquehanna down to the Gunpowder in hopes the crappie were running. Fished from the bank for about an hour, and no crappie to be found, but I did run into a beautiful school of herring. (Two of many!)

KIMG0071.jpg
    KIMG0069.jpg

All in all, a beautiful day that only would have been better with some more fish. But, that's just goes to remind me I still have plenty to learn! Speaking of learning, hopefully the pictures worked right. Tight Lines and fair winds, my friends!
    Adam

Anagennisi- 2017 FeelFree Moken 12.5- Orange Camo

Thanks for the report. Glad to see the spawning herring.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Congratulations on your personal best bass and catching some herring too.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Congrats, saw you there @ Jean Roberts as you were getting ready to Launch, was on my way to work.

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration, off to fish the incoming tide and maybe sunset.
          Tight lines
          Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
          Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
          Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
          Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Thanks for the report. Did you catch or hear of hickory shad being caught in the Gunpowder? Back in the early 2000s the Gunpowder supported some very good runs of hickory almost as far up as Rt7. But then some years were a total bust due to extremely low flows.
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Some folks mentioned catching a few, but I believe from their descriptions they were catching the same herring I was catching.
              Adam

Anagennisi- 2017 FeelFree Moken 12.5- Orange Camo

Comment

Fished Jean Roberts last week and got the skunk fished Lapidum this week and got a big smallie might be my PB2.jpg2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X