Anybody Fishing the Flats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Fishing the Flats?

Any reports of what's going on in the flats, or a little further up in the river? Looks like water temps are still under 50, wondering if there is any action yet.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Had the one largemouth last Saturday under the Hatem Bridge (In the Tale of Two Rivers thread), but I wan't quite brave enough to make my way to the flats. I'm hoping to find a day to follow a kayak or two out that way so I know where I'm going.
    Adam

Anagennisi- 2017 FeelFree Moken 12.5- Orange Camo

Comment

Originally posted by admwndsr83 View Post
      Had the one largemouth last Saturday under the Hatem Bridge (In the Tale of Two Rivers thread), but I wan't quite brave enough to make my way to the flats. I'm hoping to find a day to follow a kayak or two out that way so I know where I'm going.
      Quickest way to the flats is to launch at Perry point community park.

Comment

I'll definitely have to keep that in mind. I'm trying to learn as much as I can, as quick as I can.
        Adam

Anagennisi- 2017 FeelFree Moken 12.5- Orange Camo

Comment

I trolled 4 lines on the flats two weeks ago. I had no bites that day. I hope to try again in a week or so.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I trolled and casted the northern section of the flats mostly as a recon trip to see what the flats look like on Sunday. Warmest water temp I found was about 53 before leaving around mid day.
            J

Comment

Water Temp around Lapidum launch on the Suskey was 56.7 Tuesday at around noon time. I'll know more tomorrow when I head out to the flats.

Comment

I saw reports in a couple Facebook groups I'm in of a lot of rockfish caught on the flats this past weekend, mostly schoolie size and low 20in range. I may head out Sunday or Monday to see what's going on. Water clarity is good, but I think water temp are still a tad low.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                Jayce
                2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
                2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

Comment

Working...
                X