Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshwater Slam 9/16

Bluegill, Crappie, and LM Bass

Fished today for about 4 hours on my lake with the Coosa. My goal was to try and get some bluegill and crappie to add some points to my Kayak wars total.
    But this wasn't as easy as I thought it might be. Crappie have to be 13 inches and bluegill have to be 9 inches to score.

I caught 30 bluegill and only got 1 that was 9.0000000 inches and I caught about 6 crappie with one coming in at 13.000000 inches.

All the LM Bass that I caught were between 12 and 15 inches. I missed a few strikes as well, I think one was probably a good size bass around 18 inches.

Anyways my kayak wars score is up to triple digits - 100 pts.
    It should be a lot higher though, this summer I didn't realize that flounder only needed to be 16 inches to score, so while i was catching numerous 16-17.99 inch flounder and not taking pictures because I was focused on the keepers. I missed out on a fair amount of points.

congrats on citation? crappie, or points crappie? at any rate, congrats - any crappie day is a good day for fishing.
    Last edited by Southerly; 09-17-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly View Post
      congrats on citation? crappie, or points crappie? at any rate, congrats - any crappie day is a good day for fishing.
      No citations today, blue have to be 11in, redbreast sunfish have to be 10in, and crappie have to be 15 in

Comment

Pictures

heres my bluegill and crappie
        Attached Files

Comment

Both are very tasty eating fish- for my money crappie is the best- salt and pepper roll in white corn meal and fry crisp-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
            Both are very tasty eating fish- for my money crappie is the best- salt and pepper roll in white corn meal and fry crisp-
            I used to keep some of the crappie from my lake when I was younger, but now I just let them go to hope they get bigger. I might try some bluegill sometime soon though because there are sooo many and they will eat the LM bass eggs.

Comment

Working...
            X