Eastern Bay Stripers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Bay Stripers

Launched about 8:15 to a cloudy morning with a north wind. Found some Stripers in Eastern Bay this morning, not anything great, but wasn’t skunked. Trolled for 3 1/2 hours in my Slayer 10 with John Veil. Caught a couple shorties within the first 1/2 hour.
    2019-05-06 07.58.19.jpg
    Hooked up to at least a 16” or better, but it threw the barbless hook next to the kayak. Later I ran thru some bait and saw the rod flitch. Wound in the line and had snagged an Alewife.
    2019-05-06 08.15.57.jpg
    Nothing for the next two hours, on the way back to the launch, I landed a nice 22”. Got a quick picture and got it back in the water.
    2019-05-06 09.10.43.jpg
    Hopefully things will pick up, Love this area.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

John Rentch and I trolled in different directions this morning. He had better catches than me today. I managed four small stripers. I would rather catch four small fish than catch nothing, but I am ready for a strong catching day. I have a light tackle charter on the lower eastern shore scheduled for Wed -- hopefully the bite will be good then.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      John Rentch and I trolled in different directions this morning. He had better catches than me today. I managed four small stripers. I would rather catch four small fish than catch nothing, but I am ready for a strong catching day. I have a light tackle charter on the lower eastern shore scheduled for Wed -- hopefully the bite will be good then.
      John, you going with Walleye Pete?
      Native Titan Propel 12
      Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
      Mercury 6hp
      Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
      Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Comment

Originally posted by Hawg View Post
        John, you going with Walleye Pete?
        I have fished over there with Pete in the past, but not on this trip. At the CCA Annapolis banquet last month, I won the bidding for a 1/2 day, light-tackle trip in Tangier Sound with guide Capt. Steve Mason. I have never met him, but think he is just getting into the guide business. The Tangier Sound offers lots of structure and grass beds. It is a beautiful and lightly populated area.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
          I have fished over there with Pete in the past, but not on this trip. At the CCA Annapolis banquet last month, I won the bidding for a 1/2 day, light-tackle trip in Tangier Sound with guide Capt. Steve Mason. I have never met him, but think he is just getting into the guide business. The Tangier Sound offers lots of structure and grass beds. It is a beautiful and lightly populated area.
          Sssshhhhhhh!
          Last edited by Slobber Bob; 05-07-2019, 05:23 PM.
          Brian

Comment

Yeah shhhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
            X