Looking for advice on new fish finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for advice on new fish finder

I have a slayer propel and looking for advice on the purchase of a new fish finder/gps unit. I do light tackle fishing and trolling. Want a good unit that does not break the bank. I live on Kent Island and will be looking for somebody to install so suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks !

My advise would be to go to BassPro Shop or some other retailer that has them on display, take a look at whats available within your budget and play with the demos to see what you think would suit your needs.

Comment

Bass Pro Shop is a good suggestion. Since you live on Kent Island, you may want to stop by BOE Marine and West Marine to get some advice from their experts too.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I have a Hummingbird Helix 5 SI GPS unit I'm looking to upgrade if your interested. Great unit for $275, retails around 500+
        Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
        CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Originally posted by thehobielife View Post
          I have a Hummingbird Helix 5 SI GPS unit I'm looking to upgrade if your interested. Great unit for $275, retails around 500+
          I had this unit. It’s great. I upgraded to the new Helix 7 for the MEGA imaging, but that’s $650.
          Native Titan Propel 12
          Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
          Mercury 6hp
          Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
          Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Comment

The original poster asked about installing a FF/GPS unit in a Slayer Propel. I made an installation video several years for installing a Lowrance HDS-5 Gen 2 FF/GPS on a Slayer Propel 10. I used a shoot-through-the-hull installation. This does not give precise temperature and may interfere with down scan and side scan if your unit has those features (the one I installed did not have those features, but had good sonar capability).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdT4koUEnik
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks - I already saw your video on YouTube and found it to be very useful so thanks for the info. By the way, you may not remember me but I hooked up with you and Mark last summer when you guys were on Kent Island and had a great time. We had a good day on that occasion.

Comment

Working...
              X