It's bluecat mania while taking a kid fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's bluecat mania while taking a kid fishing

This girls family won the Kayak fishing with the principal (me) at our annual school auction.....today was the day...
    .....16 fish in an hour made for a happy girl!
    Once again I encourage everyone to take a kid fishing!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Way to go Kevin! Too many kids glued to their smart phones today.

I am helping out the juniors at my club today. We have special days to teach the kids how to shoot trap and they love it.
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post

I am helping out the juniors at my club today. We have special days to teach the kids how to shoot trap and they love it.
      I bet! My daughter works at an outdoor adventure camp in Maine during the summer.....months of fishing, ww kayaking/rafting, mount biking, backpacking, paddle boarding.....and "skeet"....she loves it...

Comment

John, by chance is the club that you attend the Anne Arundel Fish & Game range?
        Annapolis
        2018 Vibe Sea Ghost 110
        Wilderness Systems Pungo 120 - For when the fish aren't biting

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonNash View Post
          John, by chance is the club that you attend the Anne Arundel Fish & Game range?
          Yes it is. I can report that all the kids had a great time and all hit some birds.
          John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Yes it is. I can report that all the kids had a great time and all hit some birds.
            Great! I am a member at Izack Walton league and have been looking to join there for the summers when I am in Annapolis. I don’t shoot trap often, but I compete in bullseye pistol shooting. I just need to get the membership process sorted out and find a sponsor.
            Annapolis
            2018 Vibe Sea Ghost 110

Comment

You don't need to be a member unless you plan to shoot by yourself on weekdays. Bullseye is open to the public and trap is open to the public on Fridays.
              John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Interesting, thank you. I shoot bullseye every Tuesday at IZWLA. I would like to shoot trap more often, so I will look into the Friday sessions. My dad and I also would like a place to go just to do some non bullseye pistol shooting, because he doesn’t shoot bullseye. I will look into it some more, thanks for the help.
                Annapolis
                2018 Vibe Sea Ghost 110

Comment

Great work with kids, Kevin...the future of fishing is the youth...and DNR appreciates your harvest of invasive Blue catfish...those look like the perfect eating size, too...I have caught very few “eaters” this year...as I do not keep any over 30 inches...that is one cool honey hole for a fish fry...
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                    Great work with kids, Kevin...the future of fishing is the youth...and DNR appreciates your harvest of invasive Blue catfish...those look like the perfect eating size, too...I have caught very few “eaters” this year...as I do not keep any over 30 inches...that is one cool honey hole for a fish fry...
                    Yes perfect for eating....and for cleaning. I get them REALLY icced and stiff and then it's easy processing.
                    This honey hole should be pretty good though end of June if guys I want to PM me and take a kid or two there.

Comment

Good Deal Kevin!! The future of any sport is the youth, you are doing a great job introducing kids to fishing and kayak fishing. I love seeing those big happy smiles at the end.

Yak67

2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
                      2019 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                      X