Susquehanna Flats Monday 5/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna Flats Monday 5/20

Not a kayak report, but a report nonetheless...

Did my annual charter (a little later than usual) with my brother and buddy, and it was less than stellar. The guide work has a** off to find fish, and we just couldn't find them. 3 of us fishing hard for almost 8 hours and had 2 shorts to show for all of our work.

Saw a couple of yak launching yesterday early AM - wondering if it was anybody from here?

Steve
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

We put in at Lapidum the other day. Live lined perch and cut perch. Only caught catfish.
    Native Slayer 12
    Native Ultimate

Comment

Got an email from my guide this morning, said they caught better yesterday. So if anyone is thinking about heading out tomorrow, things should be better. Water is a lot cleaner. I'd imagine you wouldn't want to be anywhere near the flats on Memorial Day weekend though.
      2015 Hobie Revolution 13
      2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I was out Sunday on my center console and ran all over the flats trying to burn off the old gas. Other than bass boats, everyone was anchored at the northern end of the flats and along the channel by turkey point using bait for either catfish, perch, or stripers. Didn't see anyone catching but saw a couple reports where people had some luck. Water was muddy and I had to keep an eye out for logs. I briefly jigged on a channel edge but wasn't marking anything. My buddy and I fished along Garrett island for LMB and caught a couple small ones.

I was on the kayak Thursday and launched from Jean Roberts. The water was more stained than muddy. I was targeting LMB around Perryville and HDG and ended up catching a 19in. Channel catfish on a chatterbait in skinny water.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
        Last edited by ReelLucky22; 05-26-2019, 09:48 PM.
        Jayce
        2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
        2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

Comment

We just got in from another cat trip on the susky. Got 3 decent blue cats and two keeper stripers.
          Native Slayer 12
          Native Ultimate

Comment

Working...
          X