Mattawoman 5/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman 5/18

Never been here before, arrived a bit after 6 and was in the water by 7ish, fished til 11 until I had to leave for family obligations. I'll definitely be back, there was towns of life there. Carp, gar, and snakehead all seemed to be spawning or getting ready to, and caught a few decent bass in the 18-19 inch, couple pound range.

Need to get more used to the mirage drive and rearrange/replace/leave in the car some gear, but it was a great first trip out for the season. I have some pictures on my phone/Google drive, I'll try to get them posted soon.
    -Justin

Originally posted by thedutchtouch View Post
    I'll definitely be back, there was towns of life there. Carp, gar, and snakehead all seemed to be spawning or getting ready to, and caught a few decent bass in the 18-19 inch, couple pound range..
    The diversity of life in some of the tidal creeks like Mattawoman is truly awe-inspiring. I saw river otters at Mattawoman on two occasions last year, and that sealed the deal for Mattawoman being one of my favorite places to spend the day, whether is fishing is good or not (though it is mostly good!). Glad you had a fun day out there. Definitely check back, especially if you have a free weekday. The glitter boats can really slam that place on weekends, but when you have it mostly to yourself it's one of the best!
    Matt
    Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
    2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
    10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

i've run aground with mirage drive at the sweeper... where i'm too far away from the bulkhead (where people cast & fish) not paying enough attention to the FF.

runaround.JPG
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
      X