Eastern Bay 5/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Bay 5/18

I launched at first light Saturday to beautiful conditions at first light. It seemed like everyone else had their hearts set on bringing fish home, as every boat I saw headed towards the main stem of the Bay. I had this particular area completely to myself, with no other anglers in sight. My wife and I have decided to release all of our stripers this year, so I was perfectly fine fishing in a catch and release area. I started off throwing topwater and caught one short and one 21” striper. Once the sun got higher I switched to trolling. Fish were few and far between, just like last year, but I ended up with a couple more shorts and a 22”. I didn’t see many marks on the screen or any real surface activity. I decided to head back to the launch when the wind picked up. All in all it was a good day, though the relative lack of fish was disappointing.

5C06FE23-46BC-4EB9-98EC-6168BF6367EC.jpg F1C011CC-C701-4FE5-A9B0-C354118B3D25.jpg
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Thanks for the update on Eastern Bay. You got several decent sized fish and had some pullage.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      Thanks for the update on Eastern Bay. You got several decent sized fish and had some pullage.
      It’s been a busy month, so I was just grateful to get out and find some fish. I’m hoping things heat up there soon, but time will tell.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Joe,

Good for you. That's a fun outing.

I love it when power boats scoot past me to deeper and bigger water while I'm sitting the shallows catching stripers in their wakes.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
        X