South River fish report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South River fish report

Due to the wind, I decided to fish off the Quiet Waters Park bulkhead rather than get worn out in the yak. I fished from 0700 to 0900 and came up with two fish. I had many hits but suspect they were aquarium rock that could not get the whole jig in their mouth.

I brought in one nice 12 inch fat perch who gave me quite a fight on my 6 pound test outfit. He hit my favorite beetlespin, a chartreuse and white. The next one was a 24 inch channel cat. This guy must have weighed 10 pounds he was fat. Lucky he hit my other rod that had 10 pound test or I probably wouldn't have got him out of the water. He hit a Gulp chartreuse 3 inch shad.

I didn't plan to take any home as I had to drop off and pick up my wife at the hairdresser so back they both went. Both would have been good eating.

With the super low salt levels, maybe we should switch to catfish tactics until the salt water fish come back.
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Glad you got in some water time.. even if you didn't use the kayak.
    Funny you mention "hairdresser...."
    Used to be a place up in Lewes, Delaware... husband owned the bait shop.. wife had the hairdresser next door.

Last edited by rob-kayak; 05-26-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X