Homeport Farm Park - 22 May 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeport Farm Park - 22 May 2019

Well, I finally made it out to try the Homeport Farm Park Launch on 22 May. Showed up early afternoon and threw the PA on the cart and toted it down to the water. It is a nice little spot to launch but hauling the PA back up that 100 yard incline is WORK! Clean parking area with two portajohns and not a spot of trash. Compressed gravel and asphalt path to the launch. I was impressed.

The fishing was phenomenal. The catching was not. I casted in every inch of shoreline from the mouth of Church creek all the way down to Davis Point and couldn't get a nibble. Not sure if I will hit that area again. Looked like it could have been good but I lost faith pretty quickly. Marked a few holding on the bottom in deeper water but guessing they might have been some cats. Whatever they were, they didn't want what I was throwing.

I did get to watch the Blue Angels practicing though. So that was all the excitement for the day.
    Semper Slime,
    Adam
    YouTube/IG: BigBoomBassin
    bigboombassin@gmail.com
    2019 Hobie ProAngler 12
    USMC

It's under a mile out to the South River so try it again and go a little farther.
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Noted. Never had been out there before and unfamiliar with this area in general. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Semper Slime,
      Adam
      bigboombassin@gmail.com
      2019 Hobie ProAngler 12
      USMC

Comment

All you have to do is Improvise, Adapt and Overcome. OO RAH
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
          All you have to do is Improvise, Adapt and Overcome. OO RAH
          speaking my language. Oorah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Semper Slime,
          Adam
          bigboombassin@gmail.com
          2019 Hobie ProAngler 12
          USMC

Comment

When I fish from Homeport, I troll paddletails from the launch out to the river and back and forth near the creek mouth. For the last 30-45 mins of my trip, I cast a small spinnerbait to shaded shorelines looking for perch. I have not been there in a while but may try it soon.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Having recently moved up from Florida in the winter where I predominantly fished Largemouth, I will havent gotten on the "Trolling Train." I need to start working that angle since the water is a bit more diverse up here.
              Semper Slime,
              Adam
              bigboombassin@gmail.com
              2019 Hobie ProAngler 12
              USMC

Comment

Working...
              X