Magothy River, Friday,May 31.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magothy River, Friday,May 31.

Put in at 10 am at the end of my street near Spriggs Pond with a bottom rig and some chicken chunks with the intention of finding out if any cats are active up here. The bottom rig didn't catch anything but when I trolled around afterward, three cats and several perch hit the rooster tail I was using. The cats hit the trolled lure in deep water and shallow water. Since I'd never cleaned a catfish before, I only kept one. All of them fought like heck on a 5-foot rod with 10 lb test--a real blast! Filets are in the fridge and will be fried up tomorrow!

IMG_5819.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

Thanks for the report. Looks like the Catfish are going to be it this season. All the reports thru out the Bay have reports of Catfish in places they have never been and thriving of course. I Love the Big Blue Uglies, slimy, yet tasty.

I didn't want to start this but I think it's going to be the "Year of the Cats". Dudes over 50 will get that one

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2019 Hobie Outback

Comment

Unfortunately, I believe you are right...I hit lower St Marys yesterday- fished my favorite “honey hole” (seems it is the crabbers favorite, too, covered in dozens of crab pots) on my favorite phase of the tide...five rod-bending, screaming drag runs...3 CNRs and two snagged crab pots equals five lost lures and five breakoffs...and the stench of skunk...4 hours of lousy fishing- my worst in ten years...until the salinity levels improves you might as well fish strictly fresh water...or fish exclusively for blue cats and snakeheads...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Brace yourselves for next year, looks like major cutbacks may be comming.

Comment

Working...
        X