Fishing this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing this weekend?

Thinking about going back to PLO this weekend- The Speckled Trout I took home last Saturday was really tasty and was fun to catch- Saturday and Sunday is supposed to be decent weather, so for those who don't tournament fish the TKAA this weekend, where are you going to fish this weekend?
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

If I wasn't going to the tournament, I would certainly join you at PLO.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

It looks rainy again Saturday- we have a southerly flow of moisture coming up the coast that looks like a tropical wave- the farther south the more rain- but the farther south the more species of fish, increase in salinity, so...low tide is early in he morning so launching around seven a.m. and fishing the incoming tide might be a worthwhile trip come home in the early afternoon
      Last edited by ronaultmtd; 09-21-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

what or where is PLO??? I'm sure I know it but its just not ringing a bell...
        Thanks, Tom
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

This weekend

I'm looking to go out this weekend if I don't make it to the TKAA Tournament. Sunday looks like the best day in the 80s and a clear sunny day. Maybe the BB or out of SPSP on the western shore...
          Tom Brown
          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
          2012 Hobie PA 14'
          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
            what or where is PLO??? I'm sure I know it but its just not ringing a bell...
            Thanks, Tom
            Point Lookout State Park (PLO) is the southern most point of Maryland located in St. Mary's county- a few miles south past Lexington Park- Cornfield Harbor is at Point Lookout State Park and it is where the Potomac River ends in the Bay-

Comment

We had our M&G there last year. Good turn out.

Easy yak launch. Plenty parking at the store/marina. Six bucks fee for the park.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

If you are 65 or older the fee is waived- it is free- at least there is something good about growing older than dirt-

Comment

Im gonna try to hop on the Morningstar tomorrow out of Ocean City. (Was originally planning on a head boat out of IRI). Not sure if I'll make it out on the yak this weekend...
                  <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I hoping to get out on the Rhode river for some crabbing and perching. We will see what the weather gods have to say though.

I'm still Leary about PLO now. Its a long drive and i have not had the best luck the last few times there. The recent reports look promising though.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                      Im gonna try to hop on the Morningstar tomorrow out of Ocean City. (Was originally planning on a head boat out of IRI). Not sure if I'll make it out on the yak this weekend...
                      Are they catching togs off the wrecks now? I have to plan a trip on the morningstar this year. They catch some quality fish and the capt is top notch. Let us know how you do.

Comment

Mainly sea bass, with some togs in the mix too. This will be my second time with Monty. Looking forward to it!!
                        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                          Mainly sea bass, with some togs in the mix too. This will be my second time with Monty. Looking forward to it!!
                          Good luck out there. Monty is one of the best in the business. They have been having some decent catches of seabass, high hook in the high teens. Wish they were catching more flounder around the wrecks. I have a hard time getting all clammed up when there is the promise of fluke around.

Still a little early for Tautog. Monty will squeeze the summer seabass for everything there worth before he starts going after the tog. I can't wait. I'm having tautog withdrawel.

Comment

Working...
                          X