Bush River 6/2/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush River 6/2/19

Got out for a combination sight seeing/fishing paddle with the wife and some friends. Launched at Willoughby Beach and paddled around to Flying Point Marina. White perch were EVERYWHERE in the canals by the marina. In just about 10 minutes I caught a half dozen - nothing big, but all around 6" and very feisty. Also caught a yellow perch, a new species for me in the kayak. Fishing with a 1/4 oz Beetle Spin with white grub/black spots. Talked to some kids fishing from the docks and they said they had caught over 40 white perch with night crawlers.

On the way back I wanted to cast something bigger around the railroad bridge, but some nasty clouds started rolling in. I'll do that next time. Some pretty big cats and stripers have been caught around that bridge.

Steve
    Bel Air, MD
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Steve - I've heard good things about SH up that way... May try to target them this coming weekend.

FISH ON!
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Mike,

I wasn't really targeting them, but that area back behind the marina looks very good for SH. Lots of shallow water around grasses and such. Good luck.

Let's try to get out again soon with Steve - I haven't fished your home water yet, the Patapsco. How are things there - you been out?
      2015 Hobie Revolution 13
      2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I haven't been out yet this entire year. Yak is screaming to touch the water, but LIFE has been tough this year.

Willoughby looks good, rounding the corner up towards Home Depot looks like prime hunting ground. Possibly heading up there this Saturday AM.
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
        X