Church creek and South river report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church creek and South river report

I launched at Homeport Farms this morning and, despite trying every kind of fishing outside of live lining, I only wound up with a few peanut rock and small perch. I tried about a 1/2 mile up and down the South River and got NADA. There weren't many fish painting on the meter and there were quiet a few floating grass mats around. I saw jumping fish but couldn't ID them.

It was a great day on the water spoiled only by the long trudge up the hill. Today I took my motorized Trident and, even with taking the motor and both batteries out, pulling that up the hill was a bitch. I will say that the normal wheels on my C-TUG worked much better than the sand wheels I used the last time I took the Trident there. I think I am going to stick to just using the Vibe at Homeport even though my range will be reduced.

Pulling heavy yaks isn't fun for old arthritic guys.
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Thanks for the report John. I got two of those peanut rock on the ST Mary's River the other day and just laughed. That was it for the day.Your a trooper pulling that Yak uphill, my hero.

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2019 Hobie Outback

Comment

Its time to invent a lightweight, motorized, waterproof yak kart.
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
      X