All hours kayak launches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All hours kayak launches

So with my schedule and the fact that the fish bite best at dawn and dusk, I often need a launch that won't lock me in if I stay on the water too long, or lock me out if I want to get on the water too early. I was at Mayo Beach Park this past week and I was able to go online and get a gate code that allowed me to leave late. I think I didn't leave until 9:30pm, which I know is technically a no-no, but as long as you lock up, it's not a problem.

Can we make a list of kayak launches that you can launch from at any hour? This would really expand where I'm able to fish. I'm sure this list would help others in a similar fashion.

I'll start:

Mayo Beach Park
    Discovery Village in Shady Side
    Native Titan Propel 12
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
    Mercury 6hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
    Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Grant,

There are no time restrictions listed for Queen Anne's County (Kent Island) public landings: http://qac.org/1009/Landings-and-Piers However, there is a launch permit fee, either daily or annual. Details are on the link.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Jonas Green Park is a good launch spot. They have a rule that if you're actively fishing you can be there 24 hours. Sandy Point is another one if you want to pay the entry fee

Comment

Another key point to remember is parking.

Some launches are 24 hour, but the parking is open/closed dawn/dusk or limited hours, always check ahead of time. Don't want to paddle back at 3AM to your vehicle missing (towed!).

McH

p.s. - Unfortunately there are some spots (crime) that I would not leave my truck overnight, even empty or w/out valuables inside. Do your research.
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
        X