Location question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location question

Recently the opportunity has presented itself to acquire property in the Fenchtown-Rumbley area.
    Would this area be suitable for someone with forty years experience as a professional and recreational fly angler?

Thanks for any advice/ifo you provide.

There are plenty of fishing guides (light tackle and fly) that make a living in the Crisfield/Tangier area, a few of whom I have fished with personally.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

It depends on what your definition of suitable is. If you enjoy catching rainbow trout and sunnies then you'll probably hate the place. But if you like shallow water specks, stripers, drum, and crabs, then I'd say you'll be very happy.
      Brian

Comment

I've only been to that area once for my bachelor party, but we fished from shore and kayaks and it was gorgeous. Got some nice rockfish on topwater. Low boat traffic depending on how "out there" you are. Lots of shallow grassy flats and marshy creeks. I've never fly-fished, but I imagine it would be really fun to go for specks, rock, and drum. Good luck if you do acquire the property!
        Matt
        Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
        2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
        10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
          It depends on what your definition of suitable is. If you enjoy catching rainbow trout and sunnies then you'll probably hate the place. But if you like shallow water specks, stripers, drum, and crabs, then I'd say you'll be very happy.
          This is what I was hoping to hear.

Thanks to all for the thoughtful replies. I'd start to get excited but I don't want to jinx the deal.

Comment

I’m in Rumbley send me a message when you want to fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
            X